Anyone else missing the freedom of travel?
This year has been challenging for so many people all over the world, and I know daydreaming about travel is what’s getting me through. Reading travel blogs, bingewatching shows like Emily in Paris and scrolling through photos from previous trips are my favourite forms of escapism – but I can’t wait until I can actually jump on a plane again.
There are so many amazing reasons to love travel. Here are just 10 reasons to pack your bags (when it’s safe to do so) and explore the world!
- To learn a new language! Even if you don’t become fluent in a new dialect any time soon, you’ll still pick up words and phrases that shape the way you experience and interact with a place.
- To enjoy the thousands of amazing recipes out there! Food tastes better when it’s cooked in its home country.
- To meet new people and hear their stories. Some of my favourite people in the world are the people I’ve met while travelling!
- To challenge everything you thought you knew about people, yourself and the world. There’s a lot to be learnt out there.
- To give yourself the best possible experiences that life has to offer. When I’m 80, I want to look back at my 20s and 30s and know I took every opportunity available to me.
- To become more independent than you thought you ever could. Even if you travel with a friend or partner, you’ll inevitably become more comfortable at spending time away from your usual social circles.
- To give yourself a break! Honestly, how many of us work day in, day out without ever taking the time to truly relax?
- To get it out of your system. I don’t know if I’ll ever kick the travel bug, but there’s no harm in finding out!
- To fall in love with someone you’d never have met otherwise…
- To fall in love with yourself! This is 10000% the most important reason!
What are your reasons for travelling?